Our school was established in 1955 by the Catholic Diocese of Christchurch and our founding order was the Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Faith. Its purpose, both then and now, remains the same - to nurture and help our young people to learn, love and live the faith. The school motto of "In Faith, Hope and Love Together" was developed over time by the school community and is an expression of both the charism of our founding order and reflective of the school family today.
Our community comprises of our school families and staff, our parish priest, Father Rick Loughnan and assistant parish priests Fr Kevin Wei and Fr Alister Castillo, and the parishioners of the Bryndwr parish. As this rightly suggests, our school and parish are in partnership offering both pastoral care and support to our greatest treasure "our people".
The approved maximum school roll is 110, four of whom may be non-preference. Our decile rating is 9.
The school is located a stone's throw from Rugby Park, St Albans, on a back, tree-lined section. It can be accessed from its main entrance at 49 Rutland Street, or 58 Somme St.
The school comprises of five classrooms, a well resourced library, resource areas and toilets all housed around the play space. Our grounds contain two adventure playgrounds, a grassed area and a netball/basketball court.
3 media items